Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate Asia’s largest solar power project today

Today, Friday 10th July, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating Asia’s largest solar power plant in Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh, which is expected to reduce emissions equal to around 15 lakh tonnes carbon dioxide every year. Through video conferencing, the Prime Minister will launch this ultra mega solar power plant of 750 mega watts, stretched across about 1600 acres of land.

The centre said that “Rewa Solar Project is an example of the excellent results that can be achieved if there is a synergy between central and state governments”.

Being one the largest single-site solar power plant in the world, Rewa Ultra Mega solar power project comprises of 3 solar generating units of 250 mega watts each, located on a 500-hectare plot each, inside the solar park atretching across 1500 hectares. This park was developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL), which is a joint venture of Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN) and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI). A financial assistance of Rs. 138 crore by centre was provided to RUSML for this park.

Through a reverse auction, Mahindra Renewables Private Ltd, ACME Jaipur Solar Power Private Ltd and Arinsun Clean Energy Private Ltd were selected by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited for creating the three solar generating units. This project will be the first renewable energy project what will supply to an institutional customer outside the state: the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, who is be getting 24% of the energy from this project, while the remaining 76% will be supplied to the state discoms of Madhya Pradesh.

This project also gives an exemplary example of India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 giga watt of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 giga watt of solar installed capacity, as said by the government.

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/cyberoc0/ on line 4673

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/cyberoc0/ on line 4673